Now in its 4th year, the St Albans City of Expertise initiative is focused on raising the profile of professional service organisations. Our members encourage people to look towards St Albans as a great place to do business. We aim to drive more business to local firms and increase the opportunities for local people to secure high skill employment. By working together we can benefit from economies of scale, drive recruitment, deliver competitive advantage and share best practice.
Home to 72,000 local jobs, the largest number of jobs is in business administration and support, professional, scientific and technical and health occupations. The District:
– has 9,375 businesses. The second highest number in Hertfordshire.
– is the top most entrepreneurial place in the UK. 12,800 self-employed people. The highest in Hertfordshire.
– is the 6th Fastest Growing local economy in the UK.
– is the 12th most highly skilled District in England.
– 58.8 per cent of residents aged 16 to 64 years in St Albans District were qualified to at least Level 4 (degree equivalent level) in 2014. The average for England is 37.5% per cent.
London-based professional services need to service high overheads, salaries and fixed costs. St Albans-based firms offer the same high quality service and much more competitively. Many of our professionals developed their skills with the best firms in London and the City.
We offer a unique array of specialist advice. The area is home to top tier financial, legal, accountancy, auditing and infrastructure companies both regionally and globally.
Through our strong business community and network of experts we can deliver a collaborative approach to meet customer requirements. This is especially important when the work demands someone who knows who to go to, how they work and what their business drivers are.
Transport is very good with easy access to the M1, A1(M) and M25, and fast rail links into London taking only 25 minutes. In addition, St Albans is connected to major airports London Luton, Heathrow and London City.
St Albans offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salaries and training to develop your expertise and improve career prospects. We can provide interesting and challenging work for people with drive and ambition.
St Albans is an attractive, historic cathedral city with a unique cultural heritage and thriving business community. It is a great place to live and work, with a strong property market, vibrant shops, bars and restaurants and an abundance of leisure activities. It also offers easy access to the countryside.
– St Albans City of Expertise has members drawn from 5 sectors within the professional services.
– Our members meet as a full group each quarter.
– A project plan and budget are agreed by the full membership each October.
– Performance and expenditure against the plan is reported at each quarterly meeting.
– A Steering Group meets to make decisions between the quarterly meetings.
– Three Task Groups help to deliver the project plan throughout the year.
The Task Groups are:
– Young Professionals Network Group – organises business-themed events for young professionals.
– Careers Group – connects with schools to showcase the membership’s careers paths, entry qualifications and opportunities to young learners and parents.
– Marketing & Comms Group – considers PR and marketing, materials and our website.
– Membership is £700 (exc vat) p.a.
We welcome interest from businesses and schools who wish to work with us for the benefit of the local economy. Contact email@example.com, Tel: 01727 296129.