Tax Director or Senior Tax Manager
|Location||Hertfordshire, St Albans|
|Job Type||Full Time|
WMT Chartered Accountants are looking for an enterprising senior corporate tax specialist to play a significant role in the ongoing growth and development of the practice.
You will work with entrepreneurial and owner-managed businesses as well as the firm’s larger corporate clients to deliver tax advisory and tax planning advice.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate experience of working in a professional services practice advising on a wide range of corporate tax issues.
You will oversee the corporate tax compliance team, ensuring service delivery standards are maintained and that all team members receive the training, coaching and mentoring necessary for them to be effective in their roles.
Supporting the growth of the practice, you will be involved in a wide range of activities and events designed to communicate the firm’s brand, identify new business opportunities and win new clients.
Reporting directly to the Tax Partner you will work with all partners and other senior team members throughout the firm to identify corporate tax opportunities for their clients.
This role would suit a tax specialist with a mid-tier or big 4 background looking for a full-time permanent position in Hertfordshire. For the right candidate, it offers the opportunity to step up into more senior positions.
Only CTA qualified applicants can be considered.
Useful additional qualifications include ACA, ACCA and CA.
Skills and abilities
Specific and recent experience in at least some of the following would be useful:
- Company re-organisations and mergers
- Tax clearance procedures
- CGT – especially Entrepreneur’s Relief
- Group tax planning
- Share valuations
- EMI share option schemes
- Research and development claims
- Capital allowances claims
- Company purchase of own shares
- Share valuations
- Loan relationships
- Cross-border taxation
- Technical advisory and tax planning capabilities
- Ability to explain tax issues in a non-technical manner both verbally and in writing
- Presentation skills – presenting technical and non-technical materials to accounting and tax professionals, clients and contacts
- Managing and developing self and others
- Project and budget management including regular client communication, accurate budgeting, cost control, billing and collection.
Advising on corporate tax issues
Overseeing corporate tax compliance
Full time permanent role based in St Albans
Competitive salary and benefits package
To apply please visit www.wmtllp.com/vacancies/