Senior Risk & Compliance Officer – St Albans
|Job Type||Full Time|
Rayden Solicitors are an award-winning family law specialist firm. We are recruiting for a Senior Risk & Compliance Officer to join our expanding team, to be based in St Albans. This is a brand new role for the firm and we are looking for experienced candidates who can perform the following responsibilities:
- Monitoring all compliance requirements (including any new requirements, and changes or updates to existing requirements) demanded of the members of the firm by the SRA, Law Society and Legislation.
- Assisting in the regular reporting of risk and compliance issues and maintenance of registers.
- Leading the Lexcel accreditation process and risk and compliance audits.
- Drafting, developing, implementing and monitoring firm-wide standard forms, policies, procedures and practical guidance.
- Providing support in handling complex complaints from clients and PII claim/ circumstance notifications.
- Providing risk and compliance training firm-wide.
- Providing backup when required with the annual renewal of the firm’s professional indemnity and associated insurance programmes.
- Support conflict checking and Anti-money laundering (AML) and client due diligence matters (CDD).
- Providing assistance and guidance to the COLP and COFA in connection with the firm’s management of overall risk.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 3 years’ risk management experience gained within a legal services environment, including Lexcel audits.
- Detailed knowledge of SRA Handbook and, in particular the requirements of the SRA Code of Conduct.
- Experience of handling complex complaints and PII claims/circumstances notifications
- Experience of policy drafting/ implementation and training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, for example clear, firm and diplomatic.
- Strong commercial aptitude with a modern, pro-active approach.
- Proven ability to effectively manage workload.
- Proven effective project management and independent thought.
- Highly PC literate with good Excel and database management experience.
- Excellent attention to detail together with a methodical and organised approach.
- Able to influence and build strong working relationships with internal clients and colleagues in a collaborative and supportive manner.
- Understanding of confidentiality issues.
- A hands on approach to problem solving
Salary is competitive and benefits are generous. This role could either be full-time or part-time.
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
No agencies please.