Senior Payroll Assistant
|Location||Hertfordshire, St Albans|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Thanks to a rapidly expanding client base, we are looking for a trained and experienced Payroll Assistant to contribute to our team’s continuing success.
The successful candidate will be responsible for organising and processing the periodic payrolls for a wide range of owner managed businesses. You will liaise with clients at senior and owner level, providing a fully outsourced payroll service for clients – from set up through to HMRC registration and year end submissions.
Each of our clients has a dedicated contact in our team. As such, this role would suit a payroll specialist who enjoys working with their own client accounts and building client relationships.
- Making employee payments via BACS
- Checking payroll deductions
- Auto enrolment, student loan deductions and maternity pay calculations
- Transfer of employees under TUPE rules
- Issuing P45s and P60s
- Registration of payrolls with HMRC
- Application of the CIS procedures
- Completion and submission of year-end payroll returns
- Set up of employees
- Lead and contribute to team success
Skills and abilities
- Knowledge of and minimum of 3 years experience of delivering payroll processes and duties
- Statutory knowledge of tax, National Insurance and statutory payments
- Understanding of legislative guidelines and how to work within them
- Experience of using STAR payroll software (or similar) to maintain client payroll data
- Committed to and experienced in delivering to client deadlines
- Ability to identify potential issues and provide support and advice when needed
- Exceptional organisation and administrative skills
- Ability to develop, maintain and follow defined processes
- Motivated to work alone and as a team player
- Clear and timely communicator with clients and team, particularly in relation to changes
- Demonstrate confidentiality, integrity and professionalism at all times.
- Ability to stay calm and work under pressure
Abilities and skills
Knowledge of payroll processes with at least 3 years payroll experience in bureau
Understanding of legislative guidelines
Experienced in using payroll software
Exceptional organisational skills
WMT are a modern firm with established roots. We are a leading practice, servicing the South East. We provide a vast range of services, including advisory, tax, audit, accounting and corporate finance. We have a large portfolio of clients including business clients from a range of industries and sectors such as hospitality, property, recruitment, technology, manufacturing as well as private clients, charity and not for profit and pensions.
We have been an influencing factor in the success of many of our clients businesses for over 35 years, and we believe this is as a result of three factors:
Our team – We are enthusiastic, committed and take pride in providing an exceptional service.
Our values – These have always been fundamental to us, and have not changed since we opened our doors, we always endeavour to:
- offer an exceptional service
- take personal hands on approach
- go over and beyond what is expected
- get to know each client and are happy to invest time and effort to achieve this.
Our vision – To work with our clients to fulfil their true potential. We have always gone beyond what is expected and to succeed in business this is a necessity. We do not wait for our clients to come to us, we are always proactively looking for opportunities and ways to help them increase their profitability.
To apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating ‘City of Expertise’ on the covering email.