|Job Type||Full Time|
Thanks to a rapidly expanding client base, we are looking for a trained and experienced Payroll Assistant to contribute to our team’s continuing success.
The successful candidate will be responsible for organising and processing the periodic payrolls for a wide range of owner managed businesses. You will liaise with clients at senior and owner level, providing a fully outsourced payroll service for clients – from set up through to HMRC registration and year end submissions.
Each of our clients has a dedicated contact in our team. As such, this role would suit a payroll specialist who enjoys working with their own client accounts and building client relationships.
- Making employee payments via BACS
- Checking payroll deductions
- Auto enrolment, student loan deductions and maternity pay calculations
- Transfer of employees under TUPE rules
- Issuing P45s and P60s
- Registration of payrolls with HMRC
- Application of the CIS procedures
- Completion and submission of year-end payroll returns
- Set up of employees
- Lead and contribute to team success
Skills and abilities
- Knowledge of and experience of delivering payroll processes and duties
- Statutory knowledge of tax, National Insurance and statutory payments
- Understanding of legislative guidelines and how to work within them
- Experience of using STAR payroll software (or similar) to maintain client payroll data
- Committed to and experienced in delivering to client deadlines
- Ability to identify potential issues and provide support and advice when needed
- Exceptional organisation and administrative skills
- Ability to develop, maintain and follow defined processes
- Motivated to work alone and as a team player
- Clear and timely communicator with to clients and team, particularly in relation to changes
- Demonstrate confidentiality, integrity and professionalism at all times.
Abilities and skills:
Knowledge of payroll processes
Understanding of legislative guidelines
Experienced in using STAR payroll software
Exceptional organisational skills
Good Excel skills including v-lookups and pivot tables
Initiative and motivation to work alone
Good, personable communicator
Demonstrates integrity and professionalism
Ability to stay calm and work under pressure
WMT is a modern firm with established roots. We are a leading practice, with clients across London and the South East. The firm has a particularly strong corporate services team providing advisory, tax, audit, accounting and corporate finance services to a broad client base.
Our business clients come from a range of industries and sectors including property, recruitment, technology, hospitality and manufacturing. We also advise charity and not-for-profit organisations, the trustees of pension schemes and private individuals.
Proud to have played a significant part in the success of many of our clients’ businesses for over 35 years, we believe this is as a result of three factors:
- Our team – we are enthusiastic, committed and take pride in providing an exceptional service.
- Our values – we work collaboratively to make life easier to our clients and ensure our recommendations reflect the combined knowledge and experience of our team.
- Our vision – to work with our clients to fulfil their true potential. We are always proactively looking for opportunities to help them achieve their goals.
Please reference ‘City of Expertise’ in your covering letter or email.