Part time Credit Controller/Business Support
|Job Type||Part Time|
WMT is a dynamic firm of advisory, tax, audit, accountancy and corporate finance specialists, based in the heart of Hertfordshire.
You will be working as part of a team in the Internal Support department primarily providing credit control services, with ad hoc general finance and admin support as required. The role requires someone with experience of credit control using a practice management system, as well as the ability to support the wider business function. This role will involve liaising with almost everyone in the business and all our clients and therefore requires good communication skills and a pro-active approach to your work.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Taking credit card payments
- Allocating cash receipts
- Responding to client requests for invoices/statements
- Sending monthly bulk statements
- Resolving client queries regarding their debts
- Contacting clients by telephone, e mail and letter to chase debts and ensure that credit balances are kept to a minimum
- Liaising regularly with Department Heads with regards to Aged Debtors
- Raising credit notes
- Liaising with solicitors in respect of any formal debt collection required
- Negotiating payment plans in consultation with Department Heads
- Liaising with accountant on sales ledger matters, including adjustments and refunds
- Assisting the Accountant and Office Manager with other ad hoc assignments from time to time
Required skills and qualifications for this role:
- Credit Control experience using computerised practice management system
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, including strong Excel skills
- Understanding of sales ledger accounting principles
- Competent at prioritising own workload in a timely and efficient manner.
- We use Practice Engine and Sage Line 50, Microsoft Office and Virtual Cabinet for the practice administration e.g. timesheets, expenses, credit control, purchase ledger and Caseware, Xero, and Alphatax for client related work.
Personal Characteristics required for this role:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good recall
- Keen eye for detail
- Integrity & Professionalism
WMT Chartered Accountants are a modern firm with established roots. We are a leading practice, servicing the South East. We provide a vast range of services, including advisory, tax, audit, accounting and corporate finance. We have a large portfolio of clients including business clients from a range of industries and sectors such as hospitality, property, recruitment, technology, manufacturing as well as private clients, charity and not for profit and pensions.
We have been an influencing factor in the success of many of our clients businesses for over 35 years, and we believe this is as a result of three factors:
Our team – We are enthusiastic, committed and take pride in providing an exceptional service.
Our values – These have always been fundamental to us, and have not changed since we opened our doors, we always endeavour to:
- offer an exceptional service
- take personal hands on approach
- go over and beyond what is expected
- get to know each client and are happy to invest time and effort to achieve this.
Our vision – To work with our clients to fulfil their true potential. We have always gone beyond what is expected and to succeed in business this is a necessity. We do not wait for our clients to come to us, we are always proactively looking for opportunities and ways to help them increase their profitability.
To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com stating ‘City of Expertise’ in the covering email.