HR and Office Manager
|Location||Hertfordshire, St Albans|
|Job Type||Full Time, Part Time|
WMT is a growing, modern accounting practice based in St Albans and London. We provide a comprehensive range of services to businesses, charities, pension funds and private individuals.
We are a people lead business. We wish to adopt a proactive approach to talent management and retention to ensure that WMT remains a great place to work.
To help us succeed, we are looking for a CIPD qualified HR and office manager to organise and supervise the human resource, health & safety, facilities and general administration needs of the firm.
The position is primarily based in St Albans, but some travel to our Farringdon office may be required.
The successful candidate will take a practical and commercial approach and will have the ability to effectively introduce change by working with people and persuasion.
The ideal candidate will have experience in all the areas outlined below (with a particular emphasis on the recruitment and HR process) and will have worked in a similar role for a professional services partnership.
Key areas of responsibilities include:
To oversee and take ownership of the HR processes, including:
- Help plan and implement the internal HR and talent management strategy and plans
- Oversee and design the learning and development programme
- Assist with staff engagement and retention
- Help in implementing strategy to make WMT a great place to work
- Coordinate training and, where appropriate, organise training for staff (e.g. on telecoms, IT or HR matters)
- Coordinate and seek to continuously improve the processes for joiners, probationers, salary reviews, promotions, maternity/paternity leave, absence, flexible working requests and leavers, amongst others
- Coordinate and conduct induction activities with line managers and other key staff
- Coordinate appraisals ensuring appropriate instructions and reminders are issued at the right time and appraisal completion is monitored and managed
- Maintain staff handbook and associated policies and guidance
- Maintain and securely store HR records
- Organise annual fit and proper returns
- Provide updates to payroll (eg joiners, promotions etc)
To oversee and take ownership of the entire recruitment process, including:
- Help prepare comprehensive and professional job descriptions efficiently and effectively
- Initiate the recruitment process using job boards, websites, and contacts and organising other forms of role promotion.
- Negotiate rates with agencies
- Manage and advise on capacity issues to ensure a proactive approach is adopted to recruitment
- Manage the interview and selection process
- Coordinate interviews
- Organise offer letters, contracts and other pre-joining requirements and ensure they are completed and returned as appropriate
- Identify, approach and stay in touch with touch with people that are felt to be potential WMT hires
Facilities, premises and business records
- Organise internal projects (e.g. office moves/reorganisations, office deep clean)
- Coordinate and manage office equipment requirements (e.g. repair/replace copiers, franking machine, beverage machines etc)
- Organise all repairs, redecoration etc to maintain the quality and safety of the office environment
- Attend building user group meeting and liaise with managing agents as required
- Oversee local parking issues
- Organise maintenance and/or orders of office furniture
- Coordinate and manage office supplies – purchasing, deployment and storage
- Oversee insurance requirements
- Supervise office cleanliness and tidiness
- Oversee the reception and secretarial team in the provision of secretarial and office services
- Oversee the operation of the client take on processes including issuing of client engagement letters, Anti Money Laundering (AML) checks, etc
- Oversee the client records returns process
- Supervise archiving
Health and Safety
- Monitor procedures and undertake/oversee compliance activities (e.g. annual review, monthly checks, risk assessments, fire assessments annual fit to drive documentation, first aid provision, PAT testing)
- Update guidelines as required
- Communicate health and safety issues and responsibilities to staff on a regular basis
- Maintain and store H&S records for checks and staff training