|Location||Harpenden, Luton, Milton Keynes|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Neves Solicitors are seeking a Float Secretary
The working hours of the role will be Monday to Friday 9am to 5.15pm (36.25 hours per week)
This role will provide you with a wide range of responsibilities supporting various partners and fee earners covering holiday, sickness absence and overflow across the firm. You will be expected to work in a variety of different departments, to include but not limited to Residential and Commercial Property, Private Client, Litigation and Family. Support will be required across all of the firm’s offices, depending on allocation of workloads so it is essential that the successful candidate will be able to travel between locations at short notice.
- Opening/closing/storage and retrieval of files in accordance with procedures;
- Audio typing/copy typing;
- Ensuring all client details are kept up to date;
- Using Case Management Systems, Land Registry Portal, SDLT, Outlook, Excel and other computer packages as appropriate;
- Diary managements including booking meeting rooms;
- Liaising with clients, solicitors face to face or by telephone;
- Scanning, copying and faxing;
- Completing legal forms;
- Amending documents and formatting;
- Obtaining and checking proof of ID;
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as required.
The appropriate candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- An all-round legal secretarial knowledge throughout a variety of legal disciplines, particularly Conveyancing;
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives;
- Delivers output to the highest standard;
- Excellent telephone manner;
- Multi-task in a busy environment;
- Ability to prioritise;
- Fast typing skills;
- Good working knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Word including Track Changes
- Confident using to use Case Management systems ideally OMS;
- Outstanding organisational skills;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication;
- Understand the importance of confidentiality;
- Able to use initiative;
- A commitment to maintain high client care standards;
- Steadiness under pressure;
- Reliable and dependable;
- Flexible approach to work;
- Positive attitude, can-do attitude.
- Must be able to travel between offices at short notice.
The firm offer a range of benefits including pension, childcare vouchers, life assurance, additional day’s holiday for your Birthday, free conveyancing for your own sale and purchase plus a free Will.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter to Amanda Lawrence, email@example.com.
Unfortunately due to the high level of response to this role we can only respond to candidates selected for interview.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Neves Solicitors LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Neves and Neves Solicitors are trading names of Neves Solicitors LLP (Registered No. OC371395).
Registered office: AW House, 6-8 Stuart Street, Luton, LU1 2SJ. SRA Number: 567286
CLOSING DATE: 15th March 2019